Less stress due to SQlab FL-X technology
How did we realize the flex behavior on the 311 FL-X?
This is made possible by our sophisticated carbon fiber layering.
For clarity, we have visualized the arrangement of the fibers using a folding chair principle.
Single crossed fibers would simply fold up under load.
To realize the desired flex, we have arranged the fibers crosswise and horizontally. In this way, all plies are loaded in tension and can flex in a controlled manner.
At accelerations of up to 50 m/s² (approx. 5G), the SQlab 311 FL-X reduces the loads on the hand-arm system by 18% to 20%. The other handlebars tested can only "work" a little or not at all at these accelerations and thus reduce the loads only insignificantly.
However, it is precisely these accelerations or impacts that frequently occur when mountain biking, for example on root carpets or brake grooves. Thus, this area is partly responsible for the mountain bike specific problem "arm pump". The consequences are numbness of the fingers, accompanied by premature fatigue. At higher loads, the 3OX Carbon reaches the highest reductions according to the area of application.
Lukas Baum and Georg Egger win the Cape Epic 2022
What a race - What a sporting achievement! A race could not have been more exciting. In a thrilling finale, the two guys take a surprising overall victory of the toughest MTB stage race in the world ahead of all the well-known professional riders. On the race track are Lukas Baum and Georg Egger with the 311 FL-X Carbon.
What type of handlebar are you?
for a stretched sitting position on the hardtail or Racefully.
for a more upright sitting position on the All Mountain and Enduro.
- ARTICLE NUMBER(S)
- 2164 / 2165
- AREA OF USE/BICYCLE TYPE
- MTB Race
- WEIGHT(S) IN G
- ca.198 / 203
- T1K Carbon
- WIDTH(S) IN MM
- MAXIMUM CUTTING WIDTH IN MM
- RISE IN MM
- 15 / 30
- BACKSWEEP IN °
- UPSWEEP IN °
- DOWNSWEEP IN °
- CLAMP DIAMETER IN MM
- STEM CLAMPING WIDTH IN MM
- Min. 46 - Max. 58
- MAXIMUM TORQUE IN NM
- MAXIMUM SYSTEM WEIGHT ALLOWED IN KG
- E-BIKE READY
- DIN/ASTM CATEGORIES
Fast, light, sporty and agile.
Who would have thought that the SQlab ergonomics experts are also quite good in high-tech, material science and carbon manufacturing.
- Stability: Syntace and SQlab are the only manufacturers to remain in the big bike magazine break test without damage.
- Weight: At 200g, the handlebar is one of the lightest and most stable on the market.
- Ergonomics: With a sporty sitting position and a handlebar width from 740mm and under 9° backsweep, the wrists are always overstretched. SQlab currently has the monopoly for sporty MTB handlebars.
- Damping: The 311 FL-X has been developed with regard to flex behaviour. In an elaborate study we were able to prove that almost all high-quality handlebars have damping characteristics between 0% and 15%, depending on the intensity. The 311 FL-X is between 20% and 30%. The higher flex has no disadvantages in steering precision. The steering forces are clearly below the vertical forces.
- Area of use: Marathon, Cross Country and Trailbikes with sporty sitting position and under 130mm suspension.
The pictured stem is not included in the scope of delivery.
The 15mm or 30mm Rise (handlebar height) allows an individual adjustment of the sitting position.
Clamping 31,8 mm